Noun(1) the main meal of the day served in the evening or at midday(2) a party of people assembled to have dinner together
(1) I have plans to go into central London tomorrow evening for dinner with friends.(2) he cooked dinner(3) I was a bit stuck for what to get for dinner on Monday night.(4) we went for a walk after dinner(5) Or the bathtub wasn't cleaned, dinner not ready by the time he got home.(6) After a formal dinner including haggis the mayor talked about his hopes for the town.(7) He was speaking at a fundraising dinner dance for the Dominican Convent school for girls at Savoy Hotel in Ndola.(8) A delicious dinner was served along the poolside and games were played after that.(9) Kaylee's mother has organised a fund-raising gala dinner at the end of the month for the organ donor campaign.(10) she attended the annual dinner in aid of the hospice(11) they held a formal dinner to celebrate their win(12) She made certain she had the room key and headed for the main building where she could have a late dinner .(13) Your mum would have a nice dinner cooked for you.(14) A candlelit dinner at the beachfront restaurant is sure to provide the perfect end to the day.(15) But Grace looked like a goddess for Judy's engagement dinner on Friday night.(16) On Monday April 2, Amor Restaurant held its 7th anniversary charity dinner , which was a roaring success.
(1) have dinner :: večerati
(2) eat dinner :: jedi večeru
(3) make dinner :: Napraviti večeru
(4) dinner party :: svečana večera
(5) dinner plate :: tanjur za večeru
(6) have a dinner :: večerati
(7) dinner jacket :: večernja jakna
(8) at dinner :: na večeri
(9) before dinner :: prije večere
(10) farewell dinner :: oproštajna večera
1. evening meal ::
2. supper ::
3. main meal ::
4. lunch ::
5. midday meal ::
6. feast ::
7. banquet ::
8. dinner party ::
9. spread ::
10. din-din ::
11. repast ::
dinner, dinnered, dinnering, dinners, dinnerware
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And a dress for DINNER.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
I can't believe it. If I hadn't
been working the DINNER shift...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
That's okay. I wasn't planning
anything special for DINNER, so...
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
DINNER tomorrow night?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
We went to DINNER, we talked,
we laughed, we kissed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
English to Croatian Dictionary: dinner
Meaning and definitions of dinner, translation in Croatian language for dinner with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of dinner in Croatian and in English
Tags for the entry "dinner"
What dinner means in Croatian, dinner meaning
in Croatian, dinner definition, examples and pronunciation
of dinner in Croatian language.