Noun(1) an opening that permits escape or release(2) euphemistic expressions for death(3) the act of going out
Verb(1) move out of or depart from(2) lose the lead(3) pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
(1) queues of vehicles tried to exit the airfield(2) One of the thieves poked his head around the door of a fire exit , located near the car, saw the police officers and slammed the door shut.(3) The mouse took his exit from the stage at this point, leaving a situation that defies being wound up with any kind of a satisfactorily dramatic close.(4) Don't think that the Secretary of Defense's exit and the Justice Department's backing off mean the fight is done.(5) It will also tell you when your freeway exit is coming, and if you're not familiar with the area, it will even tell you what side of the road the exit is on.(6) I couldn't see any one coming out because the exit door had been cut off by fire.(7) To guarantee their safe exit from the prison, they kidnap a female Supreme Court judge who is around to check whether those with death sentences are taken good care of.(8) Take first available exit off roundabout on to M6 at junction 38 towards Lancaster, Penrith.(9) We saw the Lada come out of an exit further up the road and join the new one.(10) she slowed for a roundabout, taking the second exit(11) It's a good thing that some wise women before our time, decided that women had to exit the non-income labour market, and get into the income labour market.(12) She tackled the drunken passenger, who tried to open the exit door as the Boeing 757 was speeding across a taxiway.(13) Changing modes like this does, however, require that you then exit the program and restart it for the changes to take effect.(14) Substantial damage was caused to the fire exit and to the rear of the building, and there has been extensive smoke damage to the interior of the premises.(15) she slipped out by the rear exit(16) Our last exit from an international tournament, losing on aggregate to England in the Euro 2000 play-off, was similarly splendid as we won at Wembley.
(1) emergency exit :: izlaz u nuždi
(2) fire exit :: pozarni izlaz
(3) no exit :: nema izlaza
(4) exit poll :: izlazne ankete
(5) exit strategy :: izlazna strategija
(6) exit sign :: znak za izlaz
(7) exit interview :: izlaz intervju
(8) exit wound :: izlaz rana
(9) exit permit :: izlaz dozvola
2. turning ::
3. departure ::
4. leave ::
5. expire ::
exit, exited, exiting, exits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
this or that EXIT, second gas station
on the left." You know?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
I was on the Pasadena Freeway,
and missed my EXIT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
two miles south of Exit 13 on the 25.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
All right. Now, on this side I am
closer to the EXIT in case of emergency.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
I don't know,
I lost track and I missed my EXIT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
English to Croatian Dictionary: exit
Meaning and definitions of exit, translation in Croatian language for exit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of exit in Croatian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "exit"
What exit means in Croatian, exit meaning in Croatian, exit definition, examples and pronunciation of exit in Croatian language.