iznad, nad, više, više od, povrhgoregornji
Noun(1) an earlier section of a written text
Adjective(1) appearing earlier in the same text
Adverb(1) (in writing(2) in or to a place that is higher
(1) This is why the public sector needs to be above preferment and dealism.(2) The temporal lobes of the brain lie at the sides of the head above the ears.(3) Low to mid-20s would be a good average for most people with anything above seen as a bonus.(4) they're all six foot or above(5) We can compete with sides above us, we've just got to make sure we get our game right.(6) Then Briony became silent, staring angrily at the space above his left shoulder.(7) Keep in mind that abdominal muscle force increases as the arms are extended further above the head.(8) All of the above come with roasted potatoes, rice or fries, and fresh market vegetables.(9) Jimmy Saville, in trademark shell suit, made his entrance through the audience like a boxer, arms above his head.(10) at the above address(11) place a quantity of mud in a jar with water above(12) everyone was aged 70 or above(13) As the man says, the French appear to value their right to drive and park however they want above public safety.(14) If the plant has not been pruned for a couple of years and still looks too big after this, the flowering stems can be trimmed back to just above a side shoot.(15) above the door(16) I waved my arms in the air above my head and nearly lost my voice while trying to sing along.
(1) above all :: iznad svega
(2) the above :: iznad
(3) as above :: kao gore
(4) above average :: iznad prosjeka
(5) see above :: vidi gore
(6) same as above :: isto kao što je gore
(7) above-mentioned :: gore rečeno
(8) from above :: odozgo
(9) rise above :: ustajati
(10) above and beyond :: iznad i izvan
1. preceding ::
2. overhead ::
5. supra ::
6. over ::
7. superior to ::
8. beyond ::
9. more than ::
10. greater than ::
1. below ::
2. beneath ::
3. under ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"Rain fire on them from ABOVE."
You're quoting Father, aren't you?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
...of Diary of Anne Frank
ABOVE a bowling alley.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
...high ABOVE the metropolis.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
PMC: Engaging enemy mobiles
ABOVE the Cradle.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
Father! You cannot place a slave ABOVE me, your natural son.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 3
English to Croatian Dictionary: above
Meaning and definitions of above, translation in Croatian language for above with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of above in Croatian and in English language.
Tags for the entry "above"
What above means in Croatian, above meaning in Croatian, above definition, examples and pronunciation of above in Croatian language.