Adverb(1) to a high degree or extent; favorably or with much respect(2) at a high rate or wage(3) in a high position or level or rank
(1) They were a highly regarded rock band in their time, and partook of a certain degree of fame.(2) he was highly regarded by his colleagues(3) She had no idea just how highly her husband was regarded until he died at the age of 83.(4) Armand is a well known producer and is highly regarded in amateur dramatics circles.(5) Nicholas is a popular, highly regarded actor who has been a star and a household name for several decades.(6) he thought very highly of her(7) his theories are highly complex(8) He was a devoted soldier who had pride in whatever he did and was highly regarded by those around him.(9) it's highly unlikely that we'll see him again(10) highly paid people(11) Perhaps the most extraordinary thing to be thrown up is just how highly regarded Woods is by most of his peers.(12) she spoke highly of them(13) He was one of the most successful pianists of his era, and certainly the most highly paid.(14) I go out for a meal with colleagues that evening and they think it's highly amusing.(15) a highly dangerous substance(16) He suggested that this was a highly unusual step for an historian to take.
(1) highly regarded :: visoko cijenjenih
(2) think highly of :: Cijenim
(3) highly qualified :: visoko kvalificiran
(4) highly developed :: visoko razvijene
(5) highly effective :: visoko učinkovite
(6) highly appreciate :: visoko cijeniti
(7) highly respected :: visoko cijenjen
(8) highly educated :: visoko obrazovani
(9) highly sensitive :: vrlo osjetljiv
1. very ::
3. extremely ::
1. little ::
2. somewhat ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and able to anticipate your
actions, it is HIGHLY unlikely
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Shrimp caesar salad with no almonds
for the HIGHLY allergic...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
Me, a HIGHLY
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
He always spoke HIGHLY of you.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
English to Croatian Dictionary: highly
Meaning and definitions of highly, translation in Croatian
language for highly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of highly in Croatian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'highly'
What highly means in Croatian, highly meaning
in Croatian, highly
definition, examples and pronunciation
of highly in Croatian language.